For immediate release
SAMIA CHEBEIR AND ALEX LEFEBVRE HAVE BEEN ELECTED
TO THE A2C’S BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Montreal, November 3, 2020 – The Association of Creative Communications Agencies (A2C) is pleased to announce that two new members have been elected to its Board of Directors. Samia Chebeir, President at FCB Montreal and Alex Lefebvre, Director and Senior Partner at Rethink were elected by a majority during the Annual General Meeting for a mandate of two years.
The A2C would like to thank outgoing Board members Benoit Cartier and Mylène Savoie for their dedication over the past few years. They have greatly contributed to the A2C’s mission.
“These are unique times and the A2C, thanks to its proactive approach and dedication to its members, has proven once again that its collective strength and relevant services are beneficial for the industry. I also want to thank the Board members for their support and want to pay tribute to Benoit Cartier. Over the past 13 years, he has made a significant contribution to the A2C’s major projects,” said Louis Duchesne, Chair of the A2C’s Board of Directors and President, Quebec and East at Cossette.
The members of the A2C’s Board of Directors for 2020-2021 are:
- Louis Duchesne (Cossette), Chair
- Manon Goudreault (Agence dada), Incumbent Vice-President
- Alain Desormiers (Touché!), Vice-President
- Véronique Desrosiers (Featuring), Secretary-Treasurer
- Samia Chebeir (FCB Montreal), Administrator
- Pénélope Fournier (lg2), Administrator
- Alex Lefebvre (Rethink), Administrator
- Stéphane Mailhiot (Havas Montréal), Administrator
- Julie Provençal (Sid Lee), Administrator
- Claude Riopel (Les Évadés), Administrator
- Dominique Villeneuve, President and CEO of A2C
Highlights of a year marked by the pandemic:
- Support for agency executives to help them manage the crisis and resume their activities.
- Launch in collaboration with the CDMQ of the Manifesto for responsible media practices as part of the Mouvement média d’ici.
- First edition of the Idéa Awards which recognized the best of the industry in all its disciplines.
- Position taken against racism and discrimination and development of an action plan to promote diversity and inclusion.
- Support for ad production and collaboration to the guidelines on sets of the APP.
More information about the A2C’s actions can be found in its Overview of 2019-2020: https://a2c.quebec/en/discover-the-a2c/overview-of-the-year
About the A2C
The Association of Creative Communications Agencies (A2C) is the voice of almost 75 agencies in Québec of different sizes, configurations, and specialities sharing a commitment to creative communications. Its members generate more than 80% of the industry’s revenues in Québec and contribute to the success of companies here and abroad. Our passion is reflected in various initiatives that aim to guide our member agencies when facing issues of an economic, technological, or social nature and, most importantly, ensure the vitality and excellence of the industry. For more information visit www.a2c.Québec.
For additional information:
Marketing Communications Consultant
Association des agences de communication créative (A2C)
514 475-6371 e.chacon@a2c.Quebec