A year dedicated to talent
NOMINATIONS TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, CREATION OF THE A2C'S MEDIA DIRECTORS' PERMANENT COMMITTEE AND SUMMARY OF 2020-2021
Montreal, January 13, 2022 – The Association of Creative Communications Agencies (A2C) is happy to announce the nomination of the following 3 new members to its board of directors for two-year mandates:
- Frédéric Rondeau, Vice President, Strategy, and Associate, Espace M, elected by member agencies during the annual general assembly;
- France Wong, Vice President, General Manager, Bleublancrouge, nominated by the board of directors; and
- Luis Areas, Vice President Media, Associate, CARTIER, elected as Chair of the A2C’s Media Directors’ Permanent Committee.
Six board members were also re-elected for two-year mandates.
Furthermore, Stéphane Mailhiot will be completing the remainder of Samia Chebeir’s mandate, following her departure. The board would like to thank her for her contribution.
The members of the A2C’s Board of Directors for 2021-2022 are:
(in alphabetical order of last name)
- Louis Duchesne (Cossette), Chairman
- Manon Goudreault (Agence dada), Senior Vice-President
- Alain Desormiers (Touché!), Vice-President
- Claude Riopel (Les Évadés), Secretary-Treasurer
- Luis Areas (CARTIER), Member
- Véronique Desrosiers (Featuring), Member
- Pénélope Fournier (lg2), Member
- Martin Gauthier (Sid Lee), Member
- Alex Lefebvre (Rethink), Member
- Stéphane Mailhiot (Havas Montréal), Member
- Frédéric Rondeau (Espace M), Member
- France Wong (Bleublancrouge), Member
Moreover, the A2C’s Media Directors’ Permanent Committee members were elected last december. The committee is comprised of:
(In alphabetical order of last name)
- Luis Areas (CARTIER), Chair of the Committee
- Marilyne Alie (Touché!)
- Julie Carbone (Starcom)
- Alexandra Lafond (Jungle Média)
- Marion Marchesi (Wavemaker)
- Sébastien Royer (Mindshare)
- Dahlia Trinh-Viet (Glassroom)
Talent: our number 1 priority
“Our industry has faced many challenges during the past year. The global pandemic has heightened the growing labor shortages in our field. Which is why recruitment and talent retention will be the A2C’s main priorities and guiding principles for the upcoming year. The association wishes to thank its board and committee members for their ongoing dedication and support on numerous projects designed to promote our industry,” says Louis Duchesne, Chair of the A2C’s board and President, Quebec and East at Cossette.
“We have given and will continue to give member agencies our ongoing support to overcome recruitment, talent retention and professional challenges. To this end, throughout the year, we will be focusing on the industry’s strategic positioning and the development of our training services offer, namely through the A2C Academy program, continued education initiatives and our educational institutions’ connections. Our EDI strategic plan will continue to be implemented alongside and across our different initiatives.,” says Dominique Villeneuve, President and CEO of the A2C.
Highlights of the past year:
- Ongoing support to our member agencies during the pandemic and the economic recovery period, through surveys, updates, and a Leaders’ Summit programming focused on the post-pandemic era;
- Two (2) first editions of the Idéa Awards celebrating the talent of professionals, artisans, and clients of our industry;
- Creation of an Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) policy, a template for member agencies, and a survey in collaboration with Concilium Capital Humain
- Officialization of an agreement to integrate the CDMQ within the A2C
For more details about the A2C, read the overview of 2020-2021: https://a2c.quebec/en/discover-the-a2c/overview-of-the-year
About the A2C
The A2C is the voice of more than 80 agencies in Quebec of different sizes, configurations, and specialties, but all with one thing in common: a commitment to creative communications. Its members generate more than 80% of the industry’s revenues in Quebec and contribute to the success of companies here and abroad. Our passion is reflected in various initiatives that aim to guide these companies and in this way, we aim to ensure vitality and excellence within the entire industry. For more information, visit a2c.quebec/en.
– 30 –
For more information:
Marketing and Communications Advisor
Association of Creative Communications Agencies (A2C)