The brief is the essential rendezvous for agency executives in Quebec’s creative communications industry.
Any good brief includes a context, strategic reflection, developmental guidelines, creative approaches, and targets… This time, the brief isn’t about your clients’ needs and issues, but yours.
Inspiring lectures and practical workshops dealing with the challenges you face, discussions about the industry’s exemplary practices, and a look at hot-button issues that affect Quebec’s agencies.
On November 9, 2016, the A2C and its members are giving themselves a brief!
To create in the right direction, you must attend the brief.
The event will follow the Annual General Assembly (AGA) of the A2C’s members, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Take a moment to reflect on the growth of your organization
- Equip yourself with the best practices and share ideas
- Network and interact with other senior executives
Themes of the day
- Managing the agency
- Client-agency relationship
The day will be hosted by Gaëtan Namouric of Perrier Jablonski.
Every agency owner faces the same challenge when the times come to get a return on their investment in their business. Thanks to the experience he has recently acquired, Bertrand will share some simple observations and guidelines that will help make this crucial step in the life of an entrepreneur a successful one.
- What to keep in mind to ensure sound governance of your agency and make it attractive to potential buyers.
- Comparison data to help you identify your competitive position in the market.
The needs of the marketer have, and will likely continue to, dramatically change. The equation is simple: addressing these changing client needs is an opportunity to seize for agencies. The role of the agency is specifically to help its clients solve business issues by finding creative solutions.
As a representative for over 25 years of the most important advertisers in Canada, Ron will deliver some insights about the reality of its members, but also on the perception they have of agencies. All this in order to keep working on optimizing this important relationship.
- What are the opportunities for my agency?
- What changes should I make in-house to meet the needs of my customers?
- What current customers could I further develop?
Despite the fact that happier people are more creative and productive, leaders have typically focused on bottom lines and keeping shareholders satisfied. Is it any wonder the latest Gallup poll shows that only 32% of today’s workforce is fully engaged? What if the secret to a company’s success were to be found in the happiness of its staff? Human-centred leadership is key, especially in a business where talent is our only resource.
Swim co-founders and former Chief Creative Officers at Ogilvy Toronto, Janet Kestin and Nancy Vonk bring a creative approach to leadership that perfectly applies to the needs of agencies today. So take a moment to take a step back and think about how you lead, because there’s only one thing that can change what people are willing to bring to their companies: you.
- Listening better changes everything
- Generosity, empathy, and humility help the bottom line
- Vulnerability gives you power
Who is this day for?
For senior executives working in member agencies of the A2C who actively take part in managing the organization:
- General Director
- Senior Vice-Presidents
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (following the AGA from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.)
8 Queen Street, Montreal
- Hotel: Preferential rate for members of Hôtel Alt, located 10 minutes away by foot and 5 minutes by car. Contact us for more information.
- Getting there: 12 minutes away by foot from Bonaventure metro station
- Road work on Wellington between Queen Street and Nazareth Street. Avoid if coming by car!
- Parking options:
- Parking meters on Ottawa, Wellington, Queen, Prince, and William Streets (starting at $6 for two hours)
- Valet parking
Cité du Multimédia (99 Queen Street) – 2 minutes away by foot / $20 for the day
Vinci (640 Saint-Paul West) – 10 minutes away by foot
- Free for one senior executive per member agency
- $125 for any additional senior executive per agency (non-refundable)
Questions and registrations : Mireille Forest, coordinator, member services.