This Guide was developed by the A2C in order to answer numerous questions and comments raised by advertisers and agencies looking out for a practical document that could help them with their agency selection process. It is intended to help build a business partnership conducive to the success of advertisers and the financial health of agencies.
This practical tool contains recognized best practices, and will provide you with step-by-step guidance in your search for a new agency.
The Agency Selection Guide contains 3 sections:
Guidelines for advertisers
A four-step selection process is proposed:
- Foundations of an efficient agency selection process
- Preparation of an agency selection process
- Issuing a request for proposals and agency selection by excluding any speculative work (strategic and creative)
- Conclusion of the selection process and transition to a new agency
Guidelines for agencies
- You have received a call for interest or a request for proposals: what do you do?
- Your agency is among the finalists: how do you optimize your presentation in line with the potential client’s needs?
- An overview of issues such as speculative presentations, the importance of contracts, and the agreements essential to the creation of a harmonious and long-term relationship between advertisers and agencies.
- List of potential needs
- Example of an evaluation grid
- A request for proposals by invitation or open to everyone?
- Example of a solicitation letter for a request for proposals
- Speculative presentations
- Cultural compatibility
- Manage the process internally or seek outside assistance?