2nd EDITION OF THE IDEA AWARDS
THE BEST IDEAS WILL ALWAYS STAND OUT
Montreal, January 18, 2021 – The Association of Creative Communications Agencies (A2C), in collaboration with the Conseil des directeurs medias du Québec (CDMQ) and the Society of Graphic Designers of Quebec (SDGQ), is launching the 2nd edition of the Idéa Awards – the only Awards Show dedicated to creative communications in Quebec. Starting today and until March 12th, agencies, advertisers, production firms, and artisans are invited to submit their best projects online.
Even though the past year was challenging, the industry’s professionals quickly adapted to the unique situation and used their skills in order to support their clients through their business challenges. Under their hard work, impactful and innovative communication initiatives were created, and it is now time to highlight them. In fact, that is precisely what inspired the promotional campaign created by Publicis Montréal.
Due to the unusual times we currently live in, the following changes have been made in order to make the entry to the contest easier:
- Registration fees have been reduced
- The registration period has been extended
- The registration is only online
- The categories have been reviewed in line with the ways in which the industry has changed
- Categories of creativity and innovation during COVID-19 have been added to highlight ingenuity in the face of the pandemic and its constraints
Moreover, several initiatives have been implemented to help facilitate the submission process:
- A registration guide with the evaluation criteria and categories has been created. Download it.
- Webinars presenting the categories and outlining the changes that have been made in each discipline will take place January 20 and 21. The webinar on Digital products and experiences (previously Digital and technology) has been significantly modified to reflect how the industry has evolved. Register here.
- Webinars on to write efficient case studies will be provided by two duos of experts. Register here.
- Business results and strategy (January 27 at 12 p.m.): led by Michel-Alex Lessard, Vice-President, Strategy at Cossette and Sophie-Annick Vallée, Vice-President, Strategy at lg2
- Media (January 28 at 12 p.m.): led by Valérie Beauchesne, Media Consultant and Gabrielle Côté, Media Supervisor at Touché!.
| Webinars presenting the categories
|January 20 at 9 a.m.
|January 20 at 10 a.m
|January 20 at 11 a.m
|January 21 at 1 p.m
|Business results and strategy
|January 21 at 3 p,m
|January 21 at 4 p.m
| Webinars on writing case studies
|Business results and strategy
|January 27 at 12 p.m
|January 28 at 12 p.m
Find some inspiration in the winning projects of the 2020 Awards.
Challenges that lead to reinvention
“We are extremely thrilled to launch the second edition of the Idéa Awards. The past year has been challenging and we need to celebrate the cleverness of agencies, advertisers, and their artisans,” said Dominique Villeneuve, President and CEO of the A2C.
“Artisans have demonstrated great creativity and resilience during this past year. The 2021 edition is a way to reward these efforts and results while allowing us to get together as an industry. One that has become multifaced in the face of increasingly diverse creative challenges,” said Benoît Giguère, Vice-President, Creation and Content at BrandBourg Marketing & Design and President of the SDGQ.
“The talent of our industry deserves to be honoured, especially after a year that has required us all to reinvent ourselves. The 2nd edition is a timely celebration that we hope will act as a balm after 2020 and highlight the best projects in every discipline, including media,” added Véronik L’Heureux, Senior Vice-President, Managing Director at Publicis Média and President of the CDMQ.
New partnership with the OQLF
As announced in fall, the Mérites Francopub, awarded by the Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF), will now be awarded during the Idéa Awards. The nomination period also begins today. More information here.
About the A2C
The A2C is the voice of almost 70 agencies in Quebec of different sizes, configurations, and specialties, but all with one thing in common: a commitment to creative communications. Its members generate more than 80% of the industry’s revenues in Quebec and contribute to the success of companies here and abroad. Our passion is reflected in various initiatives that aim to guide these companies and in this way we aim to ensure vitality and excellence within the entire industry. For more information, visit www.a2c.quebec/en.
About the SDGQ
The Society of Graphic Designers of Quebec (SDGQ) was created in 1972. It is a professional organization that promotes graphic design in Quebec and contributes to its members’ professional and economic development.
About the CDMQ
The CDMQ’s mission is to be a point of convergence of opinions and information, an organization that defends the interests of advertisers/agencies, and a promotion and stimulation tool for media. For more information, visit www.cdmq.ca.
– 30 –
Advisor, Marketing Communication
Association of Creative Communications Agencies
514 475-6371 | firstname.lastname@example.org