This group comprises the Association of Creative Communications Agencies (A2C) and the Institute of Communications Agencies (ICA).
2012-2015 TV/Radio Commercials Agreement
This agreement expired on August 31, 2015 but the parties involved are currently in negotiations to renew the agreement. Until a new agreement is in place, the terms and conditions stated in the expired agreement are still valid.
Internet and New Media (INM) Commercials Agreement
The first collective agreement between the APC and the UDA for the production of ads intended for the Internet and new media (INM) went into effect on April 1, 2016. The agreement is valid for two years. A decision rendered on December 5, 2015 ended negotiations that had been ongoing since October 2009.
Consult our press release to find out more about this significant development.
Key elements of the INM Agreement
- A new compensation formula for artists differentiating recording fee from use fee for INM Commercials.
- An hourly rate for recording (session fee) in line with the artist’s function.
- Use fee that take into account the size of the target audience, the broadcasting territories, and the language of the ad.
- The possibility to use an INM ad in publications circuits, movie theatres, closed circuits, public halls, as well as on TV and the radio. In the two latter cases, the artists will be paid at the rates indicated in the TV/radio Commercials Agreement.
- An unrestricted use of pre-existing material (stock footage) produced by a third party for which a use licence has been paid.
If you have any questions about the collective agreements, please contact:
Isabel Poirier, Corporate Affairs Advisor 514 848-1732 ext.204