The A2C is available to come to your high school, college, or university and give a presentation about what it’s like to work in an agency. Contact us to find out more!
Define your profile
A career in the industry doesn’t just have to be about working in the creative department! There are myriad job opportunities for every type of personality and interest:
- Account services (ex.: account manager)
- Strategic planning (ex.: strategic planner)
- Creation (ex.: copywriter or artistic director)
- Production (ex.: production coordinator)
- Media (ex.: media buyer or planner)
- Digital (ex.: strategist, community manager, UX designer, web developer)
- Design (ex. graphic designer or 3D modeller)
- Event/experiential (ex.: experiential designer)
And much more!
Discover the diversity of agency profiles
An agency’s portfolio can say a lot about who they are! Find out about their projects and initiatives and discover if you see yourself reflected in their achievements and global vision:
- Consult our Agency Directory and use the search tool to access our members’ profiles.
- Find out more about them by consulting trade media such as Infopresse, Grenier aux nouvelles, Isarta, strategy, Marketing Mag, Adweek and AdAge.
- Follow agencies on social media: it’s a great way to familiarize yourself with their workplace culture and keep abreast of their activities.
Make sure to take into account a few other things when considering an agency: size of the agency, international presence, type of clients, services offered, etc.
Skills sought by agencies
Job offers are a good starting point to find out which professions and jobs interest you. It can also provide you with a list of skills you’ll need if you want to begin a career in the marketing and communications industry.
Consult the industry’s job sites:
Get in touch with mentors on the Academos platform
Want to have a one-on-one conversation with a professional in a marketing and communications agency? Head to the A2C’s Academos page! This mentorship platform is designed for anyone aged 14 to 30 who wants to have a conversation with an agency professional. They are available to answer any question you might have about the industry, so sign up now!
- Request meetings with agency professionals in your entourage or in an agency whose work you admire
- Volunteer for industry activities and organizations
- Develop your own projects (entrepreneurship is a prized quality!)
- If you are a university student, take part in contests like Relève communications and Relève marketing which will allow you to get a hands-on experience and meet industry professionals.
- Finally, take part in our annual Open House Day: a great opportunity to get experience, shake some hands, and distribute your CV!