The A2C is available to come to your high school, college, or university and give a presentation about what it’s like to work in an agency. Contact us to find out more!
Define your profile
Careers in agencies go far beyond the creative department! There are a variety of jobs available and made for all personality types and ambitions.
Listen to these virtual conferences held (in French) as part of Le monde de la comm (October 2020) to discover the discipline or disciplines that suit you best!
For those who enjoy building relationships and rallying people around creative concepts and ideas:
- Account Executive
- Account Director
- VP, client services, etc.
For those who use aesthetics to enhance functionality and facilitate interactions :
- Graphic Designer;
- Artistic Director, etc.
Discover the diversity of agency profiles
An agency’s portfolio can say a lot about who they are! Find out about their projects and initiatives and discover if you see yourself reflected in their achievements and global vision:
- Consult our Agency Directory and use the search tool to access our members’ profiles.
- Find out more about them by consulting trade media such as Infopresse, Grenier aux nouvelles, Isarta, strategy, Marketing Mag, Adweek and AdAge.
- Follow agencies on social media: it’s a great way to familiarize yourself with their workplace culture and keep abreast of their activities.
Make sure to take into account a few other things when considering an agency: size of the agency, international presence, type of clients, services offered, etc.
Skills sought by agencies
Job offers are a good starting point to find out which professions and jobs interest you. It can also provide you with a list of skills you’ll need if you want to begin a career in the marketing and communications industry.
Consult the industry’s job sites:
Get in touch with mentors on the Academos platform
Want to have a one-on-one conversation with a professional in a marketing and communications agency? Head to the A2C’s Academos page! This mentorship platform is designed for anyone aged 14 to 30 who wants to have a conversation with an agency professional. They are available to answer any question you might have about the industry, so sign up now!
- Request meetings with agency professionals in your entourage or in an agency whose work you admire
- Volunteer for industry activities and organizations
- Develop your own projects (entrepreneurship is a prized quality!)
- Finally, take part in our annual Open House Day: a great opportunity to get experience, shake some hands, and distribute your CV!